PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING SOFTWARE SUPPLIED BY Addison Graphics Ltd. BY USING THIS SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BECOME BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE.
Business software solutions ("Software") are licensed, not sold, to you by Addison Graphics Ltd. for use only under the terms of this License, and Addison Graphics Ltd. reserves any rights not expressly granted to you. You own the media on which the Software is recorded or fixed, but Addison Graphics Ltd. and its licensors retain ownership of the Software itself.
1. License. This License allows you to:
(a) Use one copy of the Software on a single computer at a time. To ‘use’ the Software means that the Software is either loaded in the temporary memory (i.e., RAM) of a computer or installed on the permanent memory of a computer (i.e., hard disk, etc.).
(b) Use the software loaded into RAM memory on a host computer from another client workstation on a network provided that a copy/serial number of Filemaker 5, or other application to be specified, to access the software is purchased from Addison Graphics Ltd. for each workstation (computer) that will access the software over the network.
(c) Make one copy of the Software in machine readable form solely for backup purposes. As an express condition of this License, you must reproduce on each copy any copyright notice or other proprietary notice that is on the original copy supplied by Addison Graphics Ltd..
(d) Permanently transfer all your rights under this License to another party by providing to such party all copies of the Software licensed under this License together with a copy of this License and the accompanying written materials, provided that the other party reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License.
NOTE: Failure to comply with these terms may result in permanent damage to your data files for which Addison Graphics Ltd. is not responsible.
2. Restrictions. The Software contains trade secrets in its human perceivable form and, to protect them, you may not REVERSE ENGINEER, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE OR OTHERWISE REDUCE THE SOFTWARE TO ANY HUMAN PERCEIVABLE FORM. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, ADAPT, TRANSLATE, RENT, LEASE, LOAN OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS BASED UPON THE SOFTWARE OR ANY PART THEREOF.
3. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. This License will terminate immediately without notice from Addison Graphics Ltd. or judicial resolution if you fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon such termination you must destroy the Software, all accompanying written materials and all copies thereof, and Sections 6, 7 and 8 will survive any termination.
4. Passwords. The Software licensed to you contains features which are protected by certain passwords. You are not authorized to enter, remove or change such passwords, and only Addison Graphics Ltd. is authorized to enter, remove or change such passwords.
5. Export Law Assurances. You agree that neither the Software nor any direct product thereof is being or will be shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, into any country prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act and the regulations thereunder or will be used for any purpose prohibited by the Act.
6. Limited Warranty. Addison Graphics Ltd. warrants for a period of ninety (90) days from your date of purchase that (i) the media on which the Software is provided from Addison Graphics Ltd. will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use, and (ii) the Software as provided by Addison Graphics Ltd. will substantially conform to Addison Graphics Ltd.’s specifications for the Software. Addison Graphics Ltd.’s entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of the foregoing limited warranty will be, at Addison Graphics Ltd.’s option, replacement of the media, refund of the purchase price or repair or replacement of the Software.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY PROVIDED BY Addison Graphics Ltd. AND Addison Graphics Ltd. AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE AND ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Limitation of Remedies and Damages. In no event will Addison Graphics Ltd., its parent or subsidiaries or any of the licensors, directors, officers, employees or affiliates of any of the foregoing be liable to you for any consequential, incidental, indirect or special damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information and the like), whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, arising out of the use of or inability to use the Software or accompanying written materials, regardless of the basis of the claim and even if Addison Graphics Ltd. or a Addison Graphics Ltd. representative has been advised of the possibility of such damage. Addison Graphics Ltd.’s liability to you for direct damages for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will be limited to the greater of $25 or the money paid for the Software that caused the damages, except that caused by actions in which the software was utilized in contravention of this license, in which case Addison Graphics Ltd.'s liability shall be nothing.
THIS LIMITATION WILL NOT APPLY IN CASE OF PERSONAL INJURY ONLY WHERE AND TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES SUCH LIABILITY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. General. This License will be construed under the laws of the
, except for that body of law dealing with conflicts of law. If any provision of this License shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the remaining provisions of this License will remain in full force and effect.